Careers with ETHOSAre you an expert in education? How about digital media, career management or technology? Maybe you just have a feeling you'd fit in with us. If so, we'd love to hear from you!
Join Our Team
Current openings are posted below and updated frequently. Be sure to keep checking back. Do not hesitate to apply, even if we are not advertising for a position that interests you!
Send us your resume, and certifications, and a cover letter detailing your skill set and why you feel you’d be a great new member of the team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOB COACH – JOB DEVELOPER/FACILITATOR
ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd. is looking for a Job Coach for our Cowichan Aboriginal Work Connections Program. The Job Developer/Facilitator (JC/JD) will work closely with the Employment Counsellor/Facilitator (JC/EC) as part of a remote team.
DESCRIPTION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Job Developer/Facilitator (JC/JD) – Working closely with the JC/EC, the JC/JD facilitates in the classroom and assists Participants in connecting with appropriate employment. Through developing a professional relationship with the employer community, and other service providers who work with employers, the JD/EC identifies and assesses employment opportunities for Participants. The JD/EC’s main responsibilities include connecting with local employers to research/generate employer-based work experience or volunteer placement activities, job shadowing and information interviews; matching Participants with suitable employment opportunities; supporting and monitoring Participants on the job site; and follow-up support services. Provides backup support for other service delivery positions when required.
- Relevant Post-Secondary education in Human Services or Human Resources Management, and business-related training
- Training in Employment Counselling theories and processes and career assessment tools
- Experience in case management and counselling Participants in career planning, vocational selection, job search, identifying and overcoming barriers to employment, and personal and career management
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working with Aboriginal Peoples
- Experience with program administration and reporting
- Work experience in marketing, sales and promotion
- Business experience and existing contacts with employer community
Program: 1 week intake, 6 weeks classroom, 6 weeks Work Experience – 3 intakes
FTE: Part-time, Term Employee, vacation pay 6% (on every cheque)
* Hours Per Week: 15 hours/week (see note)
Vacation Break: Christmas and Spring Breaks (unpaid)
Reports to: Program Manager
Location: Duncan, BC
Approximate Time Frame: October 16, 2017 — September 30, 2018 (with possibility for extension)
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com citing position
Closing Date: Open until filled
- This position may be reworked/combined depending on the successful candidates and their qualifications and experience.
- 15 hours guaranteed per week, hours may increase as program progresses.
- Applicants identifying as Indigenous to North America are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Search Support Services Personnel (sub-contractor/on-call)
We are looking for career development professionals with job placement experience who are based in Penticton, Nanaimo, Surrey, Burnaby, and Coquitlam to work on a referral basis.
Qualifications: Post-Secondary Degree in a related discipline and CCDP with minimum of 2 years directly related experience in the provision of job search skills, resume and cover letter preparation and job placement services or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Preference for CRC/CCRC, RRP, CVP, MCVP, CVRP or alternate related designation.
View the full Job Posting Details for more details.
Wage: $27-$30/hour, depending on experience.
To apply: Please email resume, cover letter and copies of certifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Open until filled
*Please note that applications are processed quarterly.