Careers with ETHOSAre you an expert in education? How about digital media, career management or technology? Maybe you just have a feeling you'd fit in with us. If so, we'd love to hear from you!
Join Our Team
Current openings are posted below and updated frequently. Be sure to keep checking back. Do not hesitate to apply, even if we are not advertising for a position that interests you!
Send us your resume, and certifications, and a cover letter detailing your skill set and why you feel you’d be a great new member of the team to email@example.com.
JOB DEVELOPER – Nanaimo
Reporting to the Program Manager and working in a team of two, the successful candidate will be responsible for four intakes of the TechWorks Program
Job Developer (JD) – the JD assists participants to connect with appropriate employment. Through developing a professional relationship with the employer community, and other service providers who deal with employers, the JD identifies and assesses employment opportunities for participants. The JD’s main responsibilities include connecting with local employers to research/generate employer-based work experience, community experience or volunteer placement activities, job shadowing and information interviews; matching participants with suitable employment opportunities; facilitating curriculum feedback sessions and other employer-based feedback; supporting clients on the job site until self-sufficient; follow-up support services.
Location – Nanaimo; must have ability to travel.
- Relevant Post-Secondary education in Counselling, Coaching, Education, Social Work, Psychology or a related field, plus business-related training in marketing and communications or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Training in Employment Counselling theories and processes and career assessment tools
- Extensive experience in group facilitation, including computer and online applications
- Experience in counselling clients for career planning, vocational selection, job search, identifying and overcoming barriers to employment, and personal and career management
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working with diverse client groups
- Work experience in marketing, sales and promotion
- Business experience and existing contacts with employer community
- Strong technical skills and conversant on digital and social media applications
The successful candidate will have respect for diversity and proven abilities in working with diverse clientele with a wide range of barriers to employment. Awareness of one’s own capabilities and understanding of when to draw upon others’ expertise, a positive attitude and professional conduct, are vital.
How to Apply: Email a cover letter and résumé, specifying the position you are applying for in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Search Support Services Personnel (sub-contractor/on-call)
We are looking for career development professionals with job placement experience who are based in Penticton, Nanaimo, Surrey, Burnaby, and Coquitlam to work on a referral basis.
Qualifications: Post-Secondary Degree in a related discipline and CCDP with minimum of 2 years directly related experience in the provision of job search skills, resume and cover letter preparation and job placement services or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Preference for CRC/CCRC, RRP, CVP, MCVP, CVRP or alternate related designation.
View the full Job Posting Details for more details.
Wage: $27-$30/hour, depending on experience.
To apply: Please email resume, cover letter and copies of certifications to: email@example.com
Closing date: Open until filled
*Please note that applications are processed quarterly.