ETHOS Career Management Group is currently recruiting for the position of Employment Counsellor for the Duncan WorkBC Employment Services Centre. The anticipated start date of this position is November 18, 2019.
The Employment Counsellor is responsible for providing employment/career counselling to eligible Clients through career planning and development, occupation selection and work search strategies. The Counsellor’s main priorities are counselling, assisting with applications for training, self-employment and related, and referring clients to appropriate internal and/or community resources. The Counsellor will collaborate with Clients to identify barriers to employment, clarify employment difficulties, while developing job sustainment strategies and where appropriate refer to additional services for further assistance.
Essential Qualifications and required skills:
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field: Career or Employment development, Vocational Rehabilitation, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Human Services, Counselling, Education or Human Resources or equivalent combination of experience and education; preference a bachelor’s degree in Human Services
- Training in Employment Counselling theories and processes and career assessment tools; preference for Career Practitioner Training
- Experience in counselling clients with career planning, vocational selection, job search, identifying and overcoming barriers to employment and personal and career management
- Assisting clients in developing and refining Action Plans
- Experience in delivering and understanding of Case Managed Services: Work Experience Services, Skill Enhancement Services Self-Employment and Job Search Services
- Experience in working with individuals with complex barriers and disabilities
- Experience in working with immigrants and visible minorities
- Experience in coaching and mentoring Clients
- Demonstrated experience in case and file management
- Possess highly developed written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply: Please email a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
Closing: Monday, November 4, 2019