Come Join Our Growing Team!
At ETHOS Career Management Group, we guide our clients in finding employment that is suitable
and sustainable. With our head office located in Nanaimo, we offer a range of employment services,
digital learning programs and operate WorkBC Centres in Duncan and Ladysmith.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Job Developer for our Cowichan Valley WorkBC Centre
in Duncan. This is currently a 22.5 hours (3 days) per week position, with potential to grow to fulltime in the near future.
Reporting to the Team Lead, and as a member of the Client Services Team, the Job Developer works
with the Case Managers and Employment Counsellors when the need for these client services is
identified as essential. The Job Developer assists clients to connect with employment that is
appropriate and sustainable. Through developing a professional relationship with the employer
community and local service providers, the Job Developer identifies and assesses employment
opportunities for participants.
Employer and Community Involvement
• Establish relationships with local employers to market WorkBC as a valuable hiring resource.
• Increase employer/community awareness of WorkBC services.
• Market the program through information sessions and presentations to employers, service
providers, educational institutions and community agencies.
• Organize job fairs, facilitate employer forums, attend trade shows and join local business
associations where appropriate.
• Develop, maintain and update a database of employer information and hiring needs.
• Conduct onsite client/employer monitors.
• Assess ongoing employer satisfaction with placements and services.
• Collaborate with the Online Coordinator, Labour Market Specialist and Community Engagement
Coordinator, sharing information and coordinating marketing campaigns.
Job Search, Acquisition, Retention and Sustainment
• Assist clients in determining employment goals and identifying means of attaining.
• Provide clients with one-to-one support in resume, cover letter, and career portfolio
• Work with clients to identify barriers to employment and strategies to overcome them including
possible referral to other service providers.
• Develop and facilitate workshops and job clubs to assist clients in self-marketing, networking
techniques and job sustainment support.
• Seek and generate appropriate employer leads for participants.
• Create opportunities for employment, including paid placements, job shadowing, and conducting
• Facilitate interviews and meetings between clients and potential employers.
• Provide on-the-job coaching as required.
• Assist wage subsidy clients through the employer application process.
• Implement on-the-job supports and required accommodation.
Administration and Client Support
• Monitor and record client activity, according to funding contract requirements.
• Maintain accurate and timely client records in the provincial government’s Integrated Case
Management (ICM) system.
• Ensure all information is entered into ICM according to policy and procedures.
• Liaise with WorkBC team to provide weekly updates on client progress in job search and job
• Attend case conferencing sessions with team and client to review individual Return to Work
Action Plan goals and requirements.
• Ensure strict adherence to client confidentiality and all other professional codes of conduct.
• Evaluate results, record weekly activity and submit monthly reports to Team Lead.
• Other duties as required.
Education, Experience and Skills
• Relevant post-secondary education in social work, human services, education, business or
equivalent combination of experience and education; training in marketing and communications
considered an asset.
• Career Development Practitioner certification or working towards preferred.
• 3+ years experience coaching and mentoring clients.
• Experience in case management or employment services.
• Facilitation of interactive one-on-one or group workshops.
• Experience working with local employers and service providers.
• Knowledge of local labour market.
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse and multi-barriered clientele.
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and professional conduct.
• Comfortable making cold calls to employers.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Demonstrated proficiency with computer programs including Word, Excel; knowledge of
Integrated Case Management system would be a bonus.
If this position interests you, we’d like to discuss this opportunity. Please submit your resume and
cover letter in Word or pdf format to email@example.com. Closing date for this opportunity is
Thursday, December 24, 2020.