The objective of the Trades and Technology Toolbox Program was to assist 108 clients with their career transitions and their exploration of the opportunities in the trades and technologies. In order to do this we:
- Interview self-referred clients and clients referred by community partners
- Deliver group and individual information sessions
- Facilitate 9 three-week group programs
- Arrange, transport, and conduct participants on tours of employer work places and trades and technology training facilities
- Provide one-to-one sessions for personal plan development
- Develop and maintain a database for HRSDC for tracking and accountability
We have competent and committed staff with a proven track record in the efficient, effective delivery of Cowichan-Parksville corridor-wide programs. Within this corridor we have established strong working relationships with fellow service providers, community agencies, employers, and training providers.