Join TechWORKS for FREE!
Do you want to sharpen up your workplace digital skills and start heading down your personal path to sustainable employment? Join the TechWORKS for Youth program and get FREE workplace digital training!
The TechWORKS program is 100% online so you can work from anywhere, anytime!
Now accepting applications for our digital skills training program. The program includes…
Sharpen Your Digital Skills
Training to sharpen your digital skills and find pathways into BC’s growing technology industry.
6 Weeks of Training
6 weeks of online training to help you harness your skills for the digital age. You may also be eligible for additional supports, including short term certificate training and work experience up to 12 weeks.
Personalized, one-on-one coaching to help you translate existing skill sets and previous experience into the digital job market.
General Program Eligibility
- Canadian Citizen AND/OR legally entitled to work in Canada
- Not currently a full-time student
- Not participating in another provincially or federally funded program
TechWORKS for Youth:
- 15 – 29 years of age
- Unemployed or working less than 30 hours per week
- Living in the mid-island between: Nanaimo/ Port Alberni/ Mill Bay/ Cowichan Valley/ Parksville-Bowser
TechWORKS for Young Adults:
- 18 – 24 years of age
- Living on Vancouver Island
- Unemployed or precariously employed
How to Apply
Please fill out the following form to confirm your eligibility:
The Digital Skills Employers Need
Learn how to understand the variety of digital skills employers are looking for. (Not just coding!)
Find Your New Path!
Discover new pathways to start up and advance your career.
Be the Candidate Every Recruiter Wants
Learn how tech recruiters find and select candidates. And make sure you’re top of the list.